#header-inner { width: 950px; margin: auto; }

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

JUGS Weekend Necklaces

August 2nd through the 5th, four of my high school girlfriends and myself took our second annual JUGS (Just Us Girls) weekend to Coeur d'Alene, Idaho.  
We had an absolute ball, but that's for another time.  

To remember our trip, I soldered these necklaces to give to each of my girlfriends our first night there.  The fronts on each are different but the back was the same.  

On most I used images from the wonderful Graphic Fairy blog others were from random sources.  I don't know what I would do without that site!  

The first is made with one of the french typography labels from Graphic Fairy.  After printing, I stamped over the image with one of the lovely stamps from LaBlanche using black Archival ink from Ranger. I then inked around the sides with Tim's Walnut Ink. 
All are approximately 2 x 2 and I used the Ranger Memory glass.  The chain is by Tim Holtz and all the embellishments are from random sources.

After this image was printed and I applied a little diamond glitter glue sparingly and inked around the edge.


On this one I used one image and then overlaid it with the flower.  I also used pieces of Mica and crystals to give it depth.


After printing I added a few colors of glitter glue sparingly.  Remember to let glitter glue dry completely before you do anything more.


I particularly love this one.  I used a horse image from Graphics Fairy which is actually a picture Karen posted that hangs in her house.  I printed it and then ran 1/2 of it through the embossing folder.  I then added glitter glue, glitter and black crystals to the embossed portion.  It really turned out cool.  Hope Karen doesn't mind me using her horse picture.


 This is the image and words I put on the back of all five.  I think they turned out great and will be a fun reminder of a fabulous weekend!!


 These are two of the four bags I made to put the necklaces in.  I used the new Tim Holtz mini bag die. I love it.  It's just big enough for small things and small enough to decorate quickly.  Paper and embellishments are from Prima, Crate Paper, 7 Gypsies, Tim Holtz, Maya Road and CI.  I used 18 gauge wire for the handles.


And here's the five of us on our dinner cruise on Lake Coeur d'Alene.  Nothing like good friends!!


1comments:

Unknown said...

what absolute gorgeous and generous gifts to commemorate another year together. How wonderful that you still all get together and do this thing. There isnt a simgle one of those pendents I didnt like, although the french typeography is my favourite. Like you, I adore all things from Karen - and particularly favour the french things and the flowers... I love all the little charms you hung off them too - all look like they were carefully thought out for each pendant. I also have a small Eiffel Tower charm that I bought from a hospital fundraising coffee shop... infact, I got quite a few little things from there that would lend themselves to this type of project.

thanks for sharing.

Paula x x x